I did a review of the game if you want to check it out:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
HAHAHA love the video, so to answer some questions:
1. Punching the chest will get you coins: every time you punch the chest you get a coin, some time a silver or gold or... coins will spawn and will reward you with a bigger amount ( clicker "mechanic" ), every time you punch the chest or jump the number of coins, on the top of the chest (same spot at the store) will change to let you know how many coins you have ( something that I should change maybe add a $ sign )
2. There is a lot of chest all over the world, press M to see how much you explored
3. Upgrading to sword: you will find it under upgrade because you are upgrading from fist to sword. ( check the description at the store)
4. Fighting enemies: ( clicker "mechanic" ) every time you kill enemies there is a chance that coins will spawn ( thus an other way to collect coins)
Thank you so much for the review ;)
There is a lot to the game I wanted the game to be old school where you have to figure out things with minimal directions
PS: sorry for the spelling error, so embarrassed lol, I'm polishing it right now :p
Just downloaded your game, look so promising !!!
As for the recording issues, not sure what's going on, I used camstudio and vsdc work fine, It's just screen capture not sure why would the game interfere ?! but I will look into it
Sorry, i modified my commentary. I didn't want to be insulting. Your game is not a "clone". There are many great improvement and i like it, but you can admit that some sprite and some ideas came from the original game, no ? You could credit him, at least for the original idea. =)
PS : I didn't see that other game from icedev.
PS2 : If you want, i can delete my previous commentary.
I really like the game! I do have two things to say tho.
1. The coins that fall out of the chest go away too quickly, sometimes I have two coins pop out of it right after eachother and I can only get one because the other one fades away before I can get to it.
2. Enemies just randomly drop on your head and kill you. I kept getting slimes just dropping on my head and sending me back to town, really frustrating as you can't do anything against that.
Thank you so much for trying the game and leaving a comment :) it is much appreciated
As for the two point:
1. I don't think this will change
2. A more polished version will be released soon ( with less spelling and grammar mistakes :p ) and smarter spawaner that will give you the time to think about a strategy... no more enemy spawning over head
On the time before the coins fade away, I didn't see you can upgrade the loot life time :) My bad!
I played it a bit more now, one thing that bothered me was the bow weapon. Before the bow you get the hammer, and I was able to attack much faster with the hammer and get a nice amount of money. Then you spend a few thousand coins on the next weapon, and you get the bow which shoots really slow in comparison. So I basically went backwards with the amount of money I was getting.
I'd recommend either making the bow shoot at least as fast as the hammer attacks, or allowing you to switch between weapons so I can use the hammer for hitting the chest.
I agree, weapons need more tweaking, coz right now when you upgrade some weapons it feels more as a downgrade ...
again thank you for your inputs :) and plz rate the game...more interest --> more dev time.
Something popped in my mind as a suggestion for the bow. If you happen to decide to make it as fast as the hammer, maybe limit it to 2 or 3 arrows at the same time. So if you shoot a 3rd or 4th arrow the first arrow will just disappear. That could prevent people from spamming the bow.
whats up with the dragon? i get to him....and i easily dodge his flame attack i hit him 3 times before the 2nd volley of fireball and suddenly im sent back to town....is the game set that way or is it a bug?
First, thank you so much for trying the game and leaving a comment :)
The game is set up that way, as this is a prototype/demo some of the quests cannot be finished, slaying the dragon is the last quest to be able to fight him you need some special power to do so ( think zelda; Dodongo's Cavern ;) )
Check the map and you will see how much is left to explore...
Support, rate and interest will get this game a long long way ;)